cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jase_666
Message 21 of 34

Re: Bt Sport via Youview do not have infinity

I have to say that I too am in the same boat as most people on here, I took out Youview & then checked when BT Sport was annouced that I would be able to get it & was told yes....but then surprise, surprise I couldn't because I don;t have infinity & because of where I live I have no chance of getting it in the near future!

The irony to all this is last night I could view the channel for free via youview (this tells me it's definately capable of being broadcast through youview!) the second is using the same BT broadband connection wirelessly I can watch it via my laptop & smartphone live without any signal issues or buffereing etc & finally I can plug my laptop & smartphone into my TV & watch it on my TV without any problem.

Why do I have to go to these lengths when clearly my broadband & youview box are capable of handling BT Sport!

I will be asking BT this question to see what they say!

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 34

I've been on the phone to BT today, and they told me they are aware of the problem with misinformation being communicated to customers.

The Youview box definitely CANNOT receive BT Sport, as it has no way to unscramble the encrypted broadcast. They are sending me out a Vision+ box with a viewing card, which I will receive in five working days.

This is a disappointment, as the Youview box is better hardware, but the biggest frustration is being told it would work, not by one, but by two members of staff on different occasions.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 23 of 34

do you have to send the youview box back mate.

kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 34

Yes, they said they'll send the packaging (probably a Royal Mail Special Delivery bag), and I have 10 days to take it to a post office (postage paid by BT).
0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

Another point. I was getting very frustrated trying to get through on the phone. I'd be in a queue for 20 minutes or so, then it would all go quiet, I assumed I'd been cut off.

I tried again, but on speakerphone, and the same thing happened yet again (about the 4th attempt), but I left it in silence for about 2-3 minutes, and to my surprise, someone started to talk to me!

The woman I spoke to was very sympathetic, but initially only offered to raise a sales complaint to me, which would take 5 days. I told her I wanted it resolved today, even agreeing to her putting a £49 charge to my account to action a box swap. She then put me through to someone in Dundee, who arranged the box swap and immediately waived the £49 fee.

The whole phone call took about an hour (I imagine a lot of people are phoning up about this). It was hard work, but to be fair to their staff, the two people I spoke to were as helpful as they could possibly be.

I hope you found this helpful, and if you did, please click the star. Let me know what happens for you.

sav
Contributor
Message 26 of 34

tried all day to get through mate with no joy.....so i emailed instead.

But i will not accept the solution of sending my youview back. This is miss selling and all my online transcripts i have saved proves everything. If i have to i will take it further.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 34

@kevinbrighton wrote:

I've been on the phone to BT today, and they told me they are aware of the problem with misinformation being communicated to customers.

The Youview box definitely CANNOT receive BT Sport, as it has no way to unscramble the encrypted broadcast. They are sending me out a Vision+ box with a viewing card, which I will receive in five working days.

This is a disappointment, as the Youview box is better hardware, but the biggest frustration is being told it would work, not by one, but by two members of staff on different occasions.

I know it's little consolation, but here on the forums I think the message was pretty clear that this was a load of old tosh, and that there was no way the Youview box was going to descramble an encrypted DVB transmission - that requires a CAM and a Card.

I still think they should have given people with Youview boxes but insufficient internet connections CAMs to slot into their HDTVs, as a lot of HDTVs have the necessary CI+ slots nowadays.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 34

Colin, I knew you were right, but was just hoping you (and me) might have been wrong. The fact I even phoned back to change my order before it arrived (from youview to Vision+), and was talked out of it is what's annoyed me the most. And now the inconvenience of course. My TV has a CI+ slot, and that would be a nice, simple solution, but the Vision+ box is an acceptable compromise.

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Good luck with that sav, be sure to let us know what happens.
I'll be writing a letter detailing the whole experience to their complaints department, I might send a copy to ofcom too.
0 Ratings
Trevorkp
Message 30 of 34

Hi All...

I recieved a BT Vision box with my package. I could not recieve any HD channels even though they were there directly through the aerial I.E. without the Box. BT advised me that I could only recieve HD via a Youview box. I have now recieved and fitted this and recieving HD fine.

Am am correct in understanding that you canNOT get BT Sport via the Youview box?

0 Ratings