Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sav
Contributor
Message 1 of 34

Bt Sport via Youview do not have infinity

Thanks in advance.

Ok i was told when ordering and changing to BT Broadband that i could get BT Sports on my TV and got the Youview box, but now it seems you can not unless you have BT Infinity which i do not and will not have for the foresable future.

Is this true and if so when will it be available to non infinity customers on the Youview box.

I was told about a month ago that this would happen by two support staff but they seemed vague and one person said it will not and have to have Infinity.

Can a MOD just answer this question once and for all. Because if you can not get it then this is clearly a case of miss selling.

Many thanks and kind regards Clive.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 34

Re: Bt Sport via Youview do not have infinity

Yes you can but with the BT vision box.
0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 3 of 34

Thanks for reply jam.

But my question is about the Youview box. I know all about the Visionnbox.

Cheers anyhow.

0 Ratings
silverbantam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 34

You need infinity to get BT Sport on a YouView box.
0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 5 of 34

once again thanks but thats looking obvious and i want answers mainly from a Mod or someone in the know about what i had been promised .

Now TV, Netflix, Love Film can all do as do BT i supose through there On Demand service. Just does not make sense at all.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 34

I've spoken to two different people at BT, who have insisted that BT Sport will work through YouView, via DTT (through the aerial). They both told me that the software on a BT Youview box will decyrpt it.

I'm still dubious about this, but I guess I'll find out on Thursday when my Youview box arrives. I'll be returning it if it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 7 of 34

It does make sense as they are all ondemand content where BT sport is a live channel.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 8 of 34

@kevinbrighton wrote:

I've spoken to two different people at BT, who have insisted that BT Sport will work through YouView, via DTT (through the aerial). They both told me that the software on a BT Youview box will decyrpt it.

I'm still dubious about this, but I guess I'll find out on Thursday when my Youview box arrives. I'll be returning it if it doesn't work.

They're both lying to you.

The YouView core software is designed to hide encrypted DTT channels and the YouView box has no card slot so cannot decrypt the channels.

Standard BT practice when faced with a customer you can't please or whose question you can't answer - make something up.

0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 9 of 34

Sorry Jam

But for me it does not make sense but then i am not an internet wizard.

Why can you not stream a live channel via normal broadband of which i am getting good speeds, just done a speedtest and it was 20mbs. Which i believe is good for copper.

So why can it not be streamed to the Youview box as long as your speeds are higher enough. If someone could please explain would be most greatful.

Cheers Clive.

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 34

Without Infinity it will not be streamed. *IF* (big if) what BT told me is true, it will receive it via the aerial. I was told by two different people the exact same thing, the Youview boxes will receive a software update on 1st August, and will receive BT Sport via the aerial.

Since two people said it to me, I do think I've got half a chance, but I'm still doubtful it will work. If it doesn't work, I'll have to get them to change it for a Vision+ box and a viewing card.

0 Ratings