Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 34

Re: Bt Sport via Youview do not have infinity

@sav wrote:

Sorry Jam

But for me it does not make sense but then i am not an internet wizard.

Why can you not stream a live channel via normal broadband of which i am getting good speeds, just done a speedtest and it was 20mbs. Which i believe is good for copper.

So why can it not be streamed to the Youview box as long as your speeds are higher enough. If someone could please explain would be most greatful.

Cheers Clive.

Sav,

Unfortunately it's not just connection speed - it depends on whether your exchange has been equippped with the necessary multicast routers. They have generally only done this at exchanges with Infinity.

There are some people who are connected to Infinity equipped exchanges but who only have an ADSL connection who will be able to get the new multicast channels. Mainly people who subscribed to Sky Sports & ESPN in the past will be offered this. But if your exchange hasn't been upgraded you won't get them.

And if your exchange does have Infinity and you can get it at your location BT may prefer to only sell the channels to you if you upgrade to Infinity (as this is another driver behind the free BT Sport channels - upselling Infinity).

0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 12 of 34

Cheers mate.

Will wait and see when the time comes one thinks.

If not then BT will be in trouble as i only moved to them for the sports and was assured i would get it.....oh well, lets see.

This post has been up a couple of days now and still no staff can be bothered to reply. BT all over it seems. No point in ringing them anymore as all will happen is, i will talk to a few people and will get conflicting views so no point.

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 34

I'm in exactly the same boat as you sav, I'll find out on Thursday.

0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 14 of 34

Hi Kevinbrighton,

Can you reply on here on the day, Thursday and let us know mate. I ask as i am working away so will not be at home on the day of switch on. Cheers mate.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 15 of 34

This is a user forum only with very little or no input from BT staff.
0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 34

Yes mate, I'll let you know either way.

0 Ratings
kevinbrighton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 34

Sure enough, it isn't working. The box has picked up channel 57, for the unscrambled broadcast, but hasn't picked up channels 58 or 59 (BT Sport 1&2). I'll have to give them a call.

0 Ratings
dooleydo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 34

Annoying isn't it. I signed up and got a YouView box after two online chats and a phone call where I was told that I would be able to watch BTSport on the YouView box via freeview. Clearly bad information.
0 Ratings
sav
Contributor
Message 19 of 34

@dooleydo

Clearly miss selling mate.

Will be on the blower tomorrow.

0 Ratings
dooleydo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Let me know the outcome of your call.  I would prefer to keep the YouView box than go to a Vision+ with viewing card as it is a better box for my family but having to watch sports on PC/Tablet is poor when you have 16Mbps ADSL which could certainly handle it on the TV too.

0 Ratings