cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Bt Youview NEEDS MORE!!

I checked out a ling on a website to Talk Talk and looked at the Youview they offer and it's far better than what BT offer. I was very unhappy about that. Talk Talk offer Sky channels along with all the ones we get from BT so if they can do that why is BT letting it's customers down? I know BT stole sport from Skybut BT should pay Sky alot to bring better TV services to us. I personally feel I should abandon the BT ship and pop over to the other side and I have been with BT for several years and always been loyal so it's a big jump but if BT can't offer Sky 1 at the least and Talk Talk can do that and more....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt Youview NEEDS MORE!!

I totally agree.

BTTV need to up their game.

They are now 4th choice behind Sky, Virgin and Talk Talk.

Their decline in new customers will accelerate if they don't quickly do something about their poor channel choice.

0 Ratings
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks along these lines.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I am being moderated now

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

"but BT should pay Sky alot to bring better TV services to us" Really? pay Sky a lot? and who will end up paying for these better services in the long run? Prices WILL go up to BT customers anyway once BT start showing Champions league football and I for one don't want to be paying even more on top of that, I don't know about you but I certainly don't have deep pockets.

0 Ratings
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I'm happy to pay for sky channels but they are available else where
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Derek makes a good point. Even if sky decided to wholesale its channels to BT they would still want a lot per month for thier channels (Sky sports 1&2 are £20 a month on BT Vision) and I for one am not interested in paying that.

Ok it is nice to have the choice for people who do want that but I would rather BT concentrated on getting other channels or more importantly better on demand content.

Other TV provider may provide more choice and have more customers but look at how much each customers average monthly spend is (arpu in the quarterly figures) and you will see they only have so many customers because they are taking the next to no cost tv option and not actually buying any of the expensive bundles they offer....

0 Ratings
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

The thing is elsewhere you can get them and more and not charged more
0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

If you want the Sky channels why not just get Sky TV?
0 Ratings
chris2k14
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

I don't want sky I want to keep all my services with Bt but they aren't providing the devices other companies do in the same situation.
0 Ratings