cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Bt pro IP mode itv regions

Go to solution

Good evening, I've recently come back to BTTV with the launch of internet mode, the best thing that has happened to BtTV I think. Anyway, can anyone tell me if you can change the ITV region in IP mode? The region is currently ITV London and I should be STV North, any STV region would be fine though.  I've tried looking through the new features thread but it's getting a bit messy and kind find anything in relation to changing it.  Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Bt pro IP mode itv regions

Go to solution

Did you miss out step 5 of the installation procedure?

Set Up BT TV box | BT Help | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

Hi Les, thanks for your reply.  Ye, I went through all that step By step it forced me to do it and I registered on the ITV website and put the code in.   No where did it ask me for a postcode or anything. 

Is this the part that determines your region? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

I suspect it is your IP address that would be looked up to determine your location at the  time of setup in IP mode.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu, do you know if there is a stream of STV, if not then I could understand?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

Well i don't see STV listed in

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide

which is my only source for what channels should be available.

Clearly STV is a seperate company which would be a different rights agreement to ITV if  Bt were to broadcast over IP.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

I had the wrong region - as did others - but they were correct last week.

Is STV still wrong today?

@moonie2014wrote:

Good evening, I've recently come back to BTTV with the launch of internet mode, the best thing that has happened to BtTV I think. Anyway, can anyone tell me if you can change the ITV region in IP mode? The region is currently ITV London and I should be STV North, any STV region would be fine though.  I've tried looking through the new features thread but it's getting a bit messy and kind find anything in relation to changing it.  Many thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

I have STV on IP mode.

I do remember having to put my post code in during set up.

I would try resetting again. 

Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks everyone, I'll try resetting the box and start over again.  I'll update you all later..

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution
The box uses your IP address to determine your region. When this fails, it defaults to London - this is what you'll be seeing.
We have automated alarms that tell us when lookups fail, so we'll already be aware. Someone will manually process the update tomorrow, and your box will switch TV region automatically when it next calls in (this happens at least once a day).
So my recommendation would be to leave it as it is - it should switch to the correct region by Wednesday morning at the very latest.