cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 34

Re: Bt pro IP mode itv regions

Go to solution

Hiya @DarrenDev . I've tried what you said, it didn't work so I done a factory reset , that still hasn't worked.  Sorry to be a pain but do you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution
Just to check - when you select the channel, it prompts to say that you need to activate it. You have clicked OK to activate right? It won't activate itself.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

@DarrenDev , ye so all the channels are now activated, that part is fine.  The only issue now is the ITV region, it's still showing ITV1 London.  I've done what you said and a factory reset , scanned for channels again and it still come back ITV1 London. When I tried to do the update you suggested it said none were available.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution
Ah OK sorry yes - it was only the Now TV issue I was referring to. I'm still waiting from an update from my colleague regarding the TV region. Unfortunately she appears to be a very busy lady.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

@DarrenDev ,np at all, hope to here from you soon.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

@DarrenDev Morning Darren, this is a complete nightmare. Just been on the phone to 150 for 45 mins.  

All my services are working, apart from the ITV region which we know about.  However, the order is still open so I can't make any changes to my account while an order is open.

Got a guy in Dublin who said he needs to send it to another team that will complete the order. To be honest I don't have clue what he was going on about, talking about suppliers etc, I assume he means openreach/now TV. He said the order will complete in 5 days, a week on Monday at the latest! Seriously?

All I want is the order completed and the correct region on the TV can you help? 

I love BT to bits but everything is always complicated and painful.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution
I was just half way through writing an update @moonie2014

Your box is now correctly recognising that you're in the Scotland-North region. I'm not sure what the trigger is for your box to actually switch to it, but if you want to reset again it should pick it up now.

I've got a (different) colleague looking into why your order hasn't completed yet.

I totally agree that the order process in BT can be very painful at times, and this concept of locking out the account until the previous order is complete is very frustrating. Unfortunately we're working with processes that are years old, and incredibly complicated.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

We've completed the order @moonie2014 - you should be able to order multiroom now.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution
Additional update:
We've confirmed that switching to IP mode before the TV service has been activated will cause it to fail to pick up the correct TV region. This is because we need all the systems to line up for us to be able to get the account postcode.
We've got a guy who has agreed to review the process and hopefully make it work from order date instead.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

@DarrenDev , I really can't thank you enough, you guys are always brilliant. 

That's great news about the region , I'll try it out on my lunch break shortly and let you know.

In relation to the completion of the order, if you can get the sorted that would be fantastic!. 

Ye I'm aware of your processes, I had 2 family members that worked in 150 for many years. I cringe everyone I need to call with the fear of something else going wrong🤣. On the plus side, you can't beat BT products and reliability, that's why I'm with them.

0 Ratings