cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Bt to become EE?

Do you think they would change it as its that established now? or maybe it will adopt BT's colours?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

If rebranding it will change, otherwise what's the point. EE livery and logos are bound to be adopted.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

It will be interesting to see what these new products are. Its a bit open ended so what comes to my mind to change the product and keep it competitive would be freeview over Internet (better chance of HD channels?) and any additional channels eg Discovery channels following the agreement with regards to BT Sport, and additional apps on the bt tv pro box ie. Disney+, apple TV, YouTube, and Discovery Plus, giving live streams of channels

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

It's all about apps & choices these days, with Roku, Firestick, Apple TV & Smart TVs giving access to most if not all major apps then you have to question the real benefit of a platform unless that platform can collate and provide a unique user experience.

As for HD, that should be standard these days, it is crazy that apps are often SD on BT. If Virgin and Sky can negotiate HD deals with these providers then EE will have to do the same.

I'd be happy to pay a little extra for the main apps and HD content, I don't dislike the youview UI, it needs updating but it is functional.

Message 15 of 16

Just read a Guardian article on BT here:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/apr/27/bt-unveil-plans-to-make-ee-its-consumer-facing-bran...

It states that BT SPORT and BT TV will retain the BT brand.

"The BT brand will also continue to be used for BT Sport, the pay-TV service set to become part of a joint venture with Warner Bros Discovery, and become the lead brand for its business-to-business and global operations."

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

EE once had its own box. Was interesting.

With talk talk and Sony slowly phasing out youview and the lack of youview retail availability I suspect bt will swallow it whole.

More apps are planned I'm certain of it and it knowing that the box uses gstreamer on Linux it isn't too hard to implement.

Eventually I think the box will use Internet streaming as it's main option.

As for other devices I suspect we may see a diskless pro box (non recording version) similar to sky glass Puck and virgins new streamer.

Freeview by aerial will be a thing of the past I suspect.

Emphasis on having sd for those with weak Internet and HD / 4k for those who have better.

Although the pro box can only record two Internet streams this might be increased based on broadband bandwidth.

I can see the future of TV in general being nested into their own apps like a container. Issue with that is if each provider charges between £5-£10 on average then TV will be very expensive or we suffer cheaper subscriptions riddled with annoying adverts. There's also the control of what's available to stream.. Look at Netflix and sky cinema etc stuff comes and goes. 

I mean if we sub to all the apps on an entertainment level (excluding sport) we already hit around £60+ ish. When others start appearing it's going to get expensive.