cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Bt tv extra box

Go to solution

Hello. Thinking of signing up to bt tv. Will be entertainment, movies and hd add on with the free bt tv pro box they provide.

I already have an extra hd recording box from years ago. Back then when you added the extra box sub it allowed you to watch the channels in another room as they were multicast channels and could be managed by bt.

now that it’s all through now tv what does extra box actually give you? 

im looking to be able to record on both boxes from the guide…..

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bt tv extra box

Go to solution

Hi @Kimbrich6, I had a look at BT TV Extra Box and question 9 says that 'recordings are only viewable on the box on which they were recorded.'

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

I don't think you've actually answered the question that @Kimbrich6 asked.

In the past with Extra Box if you had an additional BT Youview box you could record on both units at the same time.

So the question really is with Extra Box  can the Now channels be viewed and recorded on both units as previously?

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I believe that both answers are correct. You can order Extra Box and use an existing BT PVR instead of the provided zapper box and will have access to all normal channels in your subscription (as long as your broadband is fast enough).

You can also record the channels, but will only be able to view them on the box they were recorded on, unlike Sky Q where one box does all the recording and shares them around the house.

The other thing to remember is that the BT version of this Sky Q style functionality with a new WiFi enabled mini box, is due anytime.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

hello i pay for  extra box but the pvr i use is my  old humax t2000 and all is well, except it does not have the amazon app  . 

Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @stereohaven, thanks for clearing that up. As you say the zapper box is normally supplied with Extra Box orders but some customers will have a PVR box from an old subscription which they may not have to return to us.

Cheers

John

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Question 12  mentions ‘subscription only’ option if you already have your own box from the High Street. I was under the impression that you would always be sent an extra box by BT even if you don’t intend to use it. Has anyone actually taken up this option?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Is this the feature announcement that’s been delayed 3 weeks?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I think that is potentially a combination of things, new multi room hardware, extra features and apps perhaps (YouTube and Discovery+) and some additional channels/content, possibly including some UHD sports content from Sky.

All guesswork and no guarantees of course, but there are plenty of nuggets out there to make fairly informed assumptions.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5wrote:

Question 12  mentions ‘subscription only’ option if you already have your own box from the High Street. I was under the impression that you would always be sent an extra box by BT even if you don’t intend to use it. Has anyone actually taken up this option?

If you have your own compatible Youview box, you can just pay BT the 2nd box subscription, you already have the hardware.