cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Bt tv pro box remote not working

My bt pro tv box remote isn’t working I have tried resetting the box and resetting the remote using the home button and number 9 I’ve also tried taking the batteries out for a bit when I reset the box the remote works for 2 seconds then doesn’t work when I press any button the ring around the bt button lights up as it should I just can’t figure out why it’s not working and without the remote I can’t change the channel or anything so I’m stuck 

can anyone help as I can’t ring bt support as it’s closed

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt tv pro box remote not working

Hi @Jonford1988 

if you can’t get the remote working  , then if you have a USB keyboard  then you could try using that details at 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/accessibility/use-a-keyboard-as-a-remote/

Also if you have had a previous Youview box then any of those BT or Humax Youview remotes would control the box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Unfortunately I haven’t got a usb keyboard also I think it’s the most recent bt pro box as I have only had it a few months I’ve tried everything I have read online and on these forums but nothing works I will give bt a ring when they are open again at the moment I’m using the free view on my tv as I can’t use the bt tv pro box until I can get the remote to work

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

You say you've taking the batteries out for a bit - but I assume you have tried new non-rechargable batteries too?

@Jonford1988wrote:

My bt pro tv box remote isn’t working I have tried resetting the box and resetting the remote using the home button and number 9 I’ve also tried taking the batteries out for a bit when I reset the box the remote works for 2 seconds then doesn’t work when I press any button the ring around the bt button lights up as it should I just can’t figure out why it’s not working and without the remote I can’t change the channel or anything so I’m stuck 

can anyone help as I can’t ring bt support as it’s closed

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I have tried brand new batteries aswell it seems the remote is working but for some reason there’s no response on the bt pro box when I press any button

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Could even be a faulty box if it isn't doing anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I was thinking that I think the Bluetooth might be broken in the box I will give them a ring when it’s open

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I had this exact same issue the other day. Got it solved by doing a factory reset on the box via the maintenance mode option. Luckily could pick the option to keep the recordings which it did. This seemed to fix the remote issue. 

Message 9 of 10

Hi I have a Pro box and for some reason the remote stopped working with it yesterday. Like the answer above, fix for me was to get into Maintenance Mode and do the second option (factory reset, keep recordings). 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Oh and meant to say if you're wondering how I used the remote with the box during reset? It seems to work 'line of sight' but not bluetooth during Maintenance. I found this the hard way as my box is tucked away.
0 Ratings