cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 2

Bt-tv signal issues & BT connectors

I had one BT connector downstairs connected to the BT hub, then upstairs the other bt connector was connected to the computer, Internet by using these connections worked, had 2 blue lights lit on both connectors so all fine.

However I was experiencing signal issues with 4 incidents in the space of 20 mins when the pic would pixelate and signal would drop for a second or two, had it other days too on the freeview channels via the YouView box.

Could it be possible that this set up with the connectors could be causing these tv issues even though it is affecting aerial channels, I've since disconnected the BT connectors and it seems to have helped with the issues above.
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bt-tv signal issues & BT connectors

Welcome to this user forum.

The BT Mini connectors should not affect FreeView, but if your aerial signal is out of limits, then there is a tiny possibility of interference.

Please see

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49692/~/bad-quality-or-missing-freeview-channels-on-b...

Check the TV signal and quality for the channel by:

1. Pressing the Home (or YouView) button
  2. Going to Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Signal Quality

If the signal quality is less than 50%, this indicates that your signal is too weak to receive this channel. If you're signal is too high, this could also cause the issue. You could try connecting your set top box to another aerial port in your home (if you have one), to see if this makes a difference.

What is the TV quality and strength showing?

0 Ratings