cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highlander0403
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Bt you box not fit for purpose

Do you not think I have been through all the diagnostics and the self help routines. Most people have before they resort to this forum. I have no idea what you are an expert in. But it's obviously something on here where as long as you post it gets you promoted. Now leave me alone with my **bleep** box and I'll see if there is anyone that has constructive responses.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 12 of 15

There is nothing wrong with the 1tb uhd box. My previous youview box crashed a lot this was a retail youview box but our new 1tb uhd has not crashed once since installing it. This box is perfect can I ask if you have attempted a maintenance mode reset? If you have not I would try this first and if no different phone faults. As said not one piece of equipment has had a perfect record. You may get the odd faulty one.
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 13 of 15

Sounds to me like Highlander has been somewhat unlucky & perhaps a 3rd box will solve the problems. But and it's a big but, I do simpathise somewhat; I started off many years ago with an original silver BT Vision box that constantly crashed/turned itself off for no reason; replacement boxes were the same. I then had the newer black Vision box & although not as unreliable as the previous ones still regularly switched itself off.

I finally got the BT Youview box hoping it would be OK and yes it doesn't crash as often as the Vision boxes used too but  still does occasionally.

I wasn't able to get the UHD box either as they appear incompatible with Samsung TVs.

Recently my Youview box has started to play up with HD channels cutting out & the screen going blank. A BT engineer replaced the box but to no avail, still have the same problem. The TV's Freeview HD channels are fine so the problem is with the box.

Why do I stay with BT? Well it's the cheapest way to get both Sky sports & BT Sports channels. MY patience has been sorely tempted on more than one occasion though & if I/BT can't resolve my latest problem I may well look elsewhere.

I can't help but think that as a customer of BT TV you're kind of a beta tester for them at times;)

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 14 of 15

I disagree, BT's UHD box is generally rock solid from a hardware point of view, at least for me so far. My Sky box was ancient and I had to upgrade the disk myself and even then they still steal 1/4 of it for thier own commercial use.

The general user experience with BTTV is not as good as Sky where I was before however I can live with that since it's 1/3 the price and 90% as good.

VM have started roll out to my area, however I'm just hoping they dont kill the trees outside, their offer is not as good as BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

He's offered you some solid suggtestions / help and you call him a troll and dump on him from great height, not good for someone wanting help !!. This box IS fit for purpose and has performed excellently for me for years. Clearly, you either have been unlucky with two faulty boxes or your setup has an issue. Feel free to call me a troll too.

0 Ratings