cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrisdab
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Bttv

Hi all, just turned on my bttv box, slow to start and message on tv says no signal as if the box not connected, box is on and will not turn off, tried other HDMI ports with the same result, hoping someone can help, thanks Chris

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bttv

Switch it off either at the wall or by using the switch at the back (near the power jack), wait about 30 seconds and switch it back on

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Chrisdab
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Many thanks for your reply but that's the first thing I tried, it usually works but not in this case, thanks Chris

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Does anything appear on the TV screen when you power on the Youview box after it has previously been powered off with the switch ?

0 Ratings
Chrisdab
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hello, yes it says waking up, then you view logo, then blank screen and then TV says no signal, tried all other ports and removing/ replacing leads, same result, thanks for your reply, Chris

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Oh dear!

In a very quiet room, power the box down and wait about 10 seconds before powering it up again.

With an ear literally on the box, can you hear a feint repetitive noise coming from inside it? It will either be a whirring noise as the hard disc tries unsuccessfully to spin up to speed or a clicking noise as the heads which read the disc attempt to come out of the parked position.

You shouldn't hear either but I have a suspicion you will hear one or the other in which case you need a replacement box

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Chrisdab
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hi there, will try this later, many thanks for your help, cheers Chris

0 Ratings
Chrisdab
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi, just tried that and all seems ok, so I looked up for factory reset and this has seemed to have worked, many thanks to all who have offered advice, Chris

0 Ratings