cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

C4 HD regions in IP mode

Go to solution

@DarrenDev So last week both Sky and VirginMedia switched their HD services of Channel 4 to the regional versions instead of the national one. Only SD had regions before this.

Are BT following suite on IPtv as still getting London version here. There seems to be some dispute as you whether Oxford should get Midlands or South.

Not a big issue as all the programmes are the same - but I'm sure some advertiser will get upset.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: C4 HD regions in IP mode

Go to solution

According to the documentation I have, IP mode already broadcasts the 6 regional variations of C4: London, Midlands, North, South, Scotland, Ulster.

I've asked for confirmation.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It doesn't match either VM or Sky here - but the odd thing is that VM and Sky are different too ???

@DarrenDevwrote:

According to the documentation I have, IP mode already broadcasts the 6 regional variations of C4: London, Midlands, North, South, Scotland, Ulster.

I've asked for confirmation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Confirmed - we do have all 6 C4 regions available.

For your address you should really be getting the Midlands variant of C4 over DTT, but you're pretty close to the London region too (it borders itself along the Chiltern hills).  You'd need to go to the south or west of Swindon before you enter the South territory.

From the IP to postcode lookup, we then find your available YouView regions - which means one of GBR-ENG-oxon_bucks, GBR-ENG-cambs_beds, GBR-ENG-berks_north_hants for you.

You've selected oxon_bucks which overlaps some of the London region too.  Looks like they've just chosen the biggest overlaps for the C4 regions.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks - as said before not really an issue unless I want to advertise my Oxford services.

@DarrenDevwrote:

Confirmed - we do have all 6 C4 regions available.

For your address you should really be getting the Midlands variant of C4 over DTT, but you're pretty close to the London region too (it borders itself along the Chiltern hills).  You'd need to go to the south or west of Swindon before you enter the South territory.

From the IP to postcode lookup, we then find your available YouView regions - which means one of GBR-ENG-oxon_bucks, GBR-ENG-cambs_beds, GBR-ENG-berks_north_hants for you.

You've selected oxon_bucks which overlaps some of the London region too.  Looks like they've just chosen the biggest overlaps for the C4 regions.

0 Ratings