cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 55

Re: Can BT PLEASE give an update on NowTV service?

@KernowChriswrote:

The most logical way of testing these products isn’t via a ‘tame’ selected group of individuals, but via this very board. Those of us who’ve been pestering for NOWTV for the last two years would be prime candidates to be testers and would provide definitive, and yes critical if needed, responses to the proposition offered. 

Can the mods (and BT Staff involved on here) forward this view to the relevant people to consider and hopefully adopt going forward? 

Logical, hmm - let me think about that......if BT acted logically it wouldn't have made an uncaveatted  public announcement about a service it didn't know it could deliver.

It's also questionable whether you really want or need the "public", existing customers or otherwise, testing your services for you. I am certain BT staff, most especially those who field customer service questions, suggestions and complaints, have sufficient expertise and experience to laboratory test pre-launch services.  Makes you wonder whether the whole exercise is a publicity stunt rather than a vital, practical step towards rollout OR if the trial fails then it's the over-demanding public who are somehow responsible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 55

@KernowChris - anybody is welcome to sign up to test for BT. The testers are chosen on certain criteria, what equipment/services you already have, what other trials you are doing and most important how you performed in other trials (feedback given etc). The higher priority tests are given first and foremost to people who have shown good participation in other tests so they know they will get good responses and not just have people taking the service and not feeding back. Therefore people that sign up just because there is one thing they have heard about and are only really interested in that are quite unlikely to get asked to trial that (but it is always worth trying). I think if you read around multiple forums you will see there are some quite knowledgeable people that are just 'public' that have given very big hints that they are on the NowTV trial for BT already (of course everyone on a trial will first sign an NDA so you wouldn't necessarily know the depth of people involved).

I would also add that of course trials are trials, which means it can affect other areas and make things behave unexpectedly when you enter an involved trial 😉 some people be careful what you wish for 🙂, as @NigelB72  has said sometimes you will be asked/told that you might have to do things that you are unhappy about and therefore have to decline anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 55

This line from @scointer is well worth noting

I would also add that of course trials are trials, which means it can affect other areas and make things behave unexpectedly when you enter an involved trial

Anyone entering a trial, any trial, needs to remember that the functionality you are testing could have, especially in the early stages, an adverse affect on other functionality of the service/device you are using for trials. To enter a trial you must be fully committed to full participation in said trial. I too know of people who sign up for trials for the sole reason of being the 'first' to have new functionality, who then complain when something else falls down as a result of their taking part.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 55

@robotman1wrote:

... I too know of people who sign up for trials for the sole reason of being the 'first' to have new functionality, who then complain when something else falls down as a result of their taking part.

...or, indeed, complain when the trial ends and that (temporary) functionality is removed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 45 of 55

Very soon. VERY soon. 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 55

But how soon is VERY soon? Haha

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 55

What do you know ? 🧐

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 55

A little information is worse than none 😭

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 55

They know the BT CEO has said it will be released before end of March so within the next six weeks. This is a no news entry 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 50 of 55

Did the BT CEO specify which March? 2020? 2021?

0 Ratings