cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can I view programs on my computer stored on my Youview box?

Hi,

Can I view programs on my computer that I have have stored on my Youview box?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I view programs on my computer stored on my Youview box?

No. Unlike some previous non-YouView Humax kit you can't copy the programmes off the YouView box.

That being said:

There is bound to be some incredibly complex and very expensive way to play the programmes to some copying device that circumvents HDCP copy-protection but to all intents and purposes that's a no.

If you do want to copy programmes then some alternative non-YouView box would be required - e.g. a Humax HDR FoxT2 - in which case see: http://www.hummy.tv/forum/

Many of the programmes will be on the various players - BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, etc. so that might be the best bet to watch on laptop with the caveat that most of these don't support off-line viewing - although BBC iPlayer does for many programmes.

Failing that buy a PVR stick for your laptop, connect to an aerial and record direct to your laptop.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I wanted to get a screen grab from a match I had recorded as my son is on it. Never mind, next time I will run it through the pc and record it there. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@BaldBilliesNuts wrote:
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I wanted to get a screen grab from a match I had recorded as my son is on it. Never mind, next time I will run it through the pc and record it there. Thanks again.

Well you could just play it on YV and record it via smartphone or camera - picture quality won't be amazing but better than nothing.

0 Ratings