cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeatTee
Message 1 of 6

Can no longer play back recordings (IPC6029)

Go to solution
Hello

I had recorded a number of TV shows Comedy Central onto my hard drive on my BT Humax DTRT4000.

A few months ago I desubscribed from BT TV. I have since tried to play back these recordings and get IPC6029. It requires and internet connection - wtf? It's on a hard drive.

So I can no longer access recordings on my hard drive because I am no longer a subscriber to the channel?

I've obviously restarted the box, and yes the internet works fine. iPlayer works for instance.

Many thanks for help..
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can no longer play back recordings (IPC6029)

Go to solution

Hi @BeatTee

You will lose recordings for any of the Extra TV channels from BT.  Recordings from Freeview will remain in place

BeatTee
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the advise.
That sucks big time, nobody warned me. I'm so glad I left then I won't be back and get burnt again. Enforcing DRM after a recording is totalitarian.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@BeatTee

You can read a sticky about what happens to your tv service if you leave 

What happens if I leave BT

0 Ratings
BeatTee
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Oh that's great info after I've already left. Thanks a bunch ;). Perhaps there is one for BREXIT as well.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you were a Sky TV customer and decided to leave, then any recordings on your Sky box from 'paid for' channels would be unavailable unless you re-subscribed , so it's pretty much an industry wide thing, stop paying, no access to pay TV,  either 'live' or 'recorded'....chances are it's the content providers rules as much as the service provider.
You say you were not warned , but how did you quit ?, if you called to quit then I'm sure they would have tried to convince you to stay and losing the ability to watch existing recordings of pay TV programmes would be part of the 'script' they would use to try and keep you a subscriber, so presumably you didn't call and say you were thinking of leaving , you just left, and in those circumstances it's hardly the providers 'fault' you didn't make yourself aware of what you would lose access to.
In a way you should be happy that the BTTV box continues to work as a Freeview box, previous incarnations of the service would stop working completely if you stopped subscribing.