cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can one set the HD channels as default selection on the YouView

I am just getting used to the YouView box after being with Sky+ for 20 yrs and was wondering if one could set the HD channels to come up first as default rather than All Channels

Thank You 

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can one set the HD channels as default selection on the YouView

You can edit the channel lists in the EPG to hide the SD versions of channels

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

I use a Harmony universal remote control which lets you set up a list of favourites which can be used to either change channel or to navigate to various sections of the EPG.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Technically I can see no reason why this couldn’t happen. I wrote a post giving feedback on the user interface. People need to tell them what we want.

Eg: Sky had a favourite tab but this was still more clicks of the remote than required. It needed to be the default channel guide. 

Also, why should we still have to pay extra to have HD channels, this is standard definition now to me and already paying for a premium service in my eyes.

Do the right thing BT and suck up the extra charge and provide a better service you can market against Sky.

£10 Sky is still charging me on a bill since moving from Sky+ services to BT. Not easy to cancel at the moment either with limited staff  (6th attempts now)