cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schismatic
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Can't access BT TV subscription channels on own YouView box - error codes BTP-16022, IPC6007

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just moved back to BT today, and I'm having a few issues with my BT TV, specifically getting my subscription channels (such as BT Sport) to work on my set-top box. Firstly, worth knowing my hardware setup:

I haven't opened the homehub they delivered; instead I am using my own router (TP Link Archer VR2800) as my home network is already heavily configured using that. So far fine with the broadband itself - internet working (albeit speeds fluctuating as expected), and getting internet on my wireless and wired devices. So happy days on that front.

With the BT TV box however I'm having issues. I have also not opened the box that was delivered as I already have my own BT-branded YouView box (Humax DTRT4000) which has lots of recordings on it. I've configured the set-top box and its connected fine to my router, and it's done some sort of software update which means that I've now got a BT branded EPG (I was previously with Plusnet, so I guess it's detected the ISP change). 

The software info page has the following information:

• Component software: 3.6.154 (d82208)
  • Manufacturer software: 32.38.0
  • Platform configuration: 4665 (e3c1d40a)
  • ISP configuration: 21228

It's worth noting that the 'Update software' button says I'm up to date, but the 'Update players and apps' button throws back an error.

I'm also getting the following errors:

Upon pressing the 'BT Player' button on my handset:

"We're having some trouble loading the BT Player. Please try again later." with error code BTP-115c.

BT Sport channels (including HD):

"Cannot play channel. BT Sport is unavailable. Please check if you can continue to access this channel. IPC6007". When I then click on 'More Info', I get the following: "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting to your BT TV subscription channels at the moment. Please press OK and try again", along with the error codes BTP-16022, IPC6007.

Any help gratefully received!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
JohnC2
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't access BT TV subscription channels on own YouView box - error codes BTP-16022, IPC6007

Go to solution

Hi schismatic, If you are still getting these errors with the subscription channels then I would suggest that connecting up the BT Hub and see if they are working ok.
Cheers
John  

0 Ratings
schismatic
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Can't access BT TV subscription channels on own YouView box - error codes BTP-16022, IPC6007

Go to solution

Thanks John, I’ve since fixed the issue. Did a factory reset of the box (without deleting recordings) and that seemed to do the trick as it set everything up perfectly from there.

0 Ratings
wisty
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Have you set it up via the IPTV settings? BTTV is a multicast system and many routers need settings changed to allow it to work. Remember to switch on IGMP snooping.

The HH6 does BTTV out of the box, so trying that should tell you if it's the router setup (BTTV works with the HH6), or the you view box (still doesn't work with HH6).

[Sorry missed your message]

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @schismatic thanks for posting back and glad to hear you got it sorted:)

cheers
John

0 Ratings