Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooba
Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: Can’t downgrade now tv package on line

Go to solution

My problem isn't solved. Still can't downgrade. This is costing me money - I want some assistance with this please.

0 Ratings
Ryanh86
Beginner
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

Can someone help please having the same problem trying to downgrade my VIP package and when I go to  tv on bt app all its says your You're already on our top TV package, so we'll just show you TV bolt-ons.

Am I looking at the right place or is it broken?  

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Hooba
Contributor
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

You're looking in the right place, and yes, for some people, it's broken. I've been trying to switch my package down for almost a week.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

Likewise. I waited for the message to clear saying I couldn't make changes until the 24th but since then, still no downgrade option that I can see!

NOT happy, currently paying for VIP and not using any Sky Sports or BT Sport channels.

Can someone please provide a link to downgrade for the next month or 2? Basically I want to remove BT Sport and Sky Sport without killing the Entertainment/Movie Channels and keeping HD.

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Hooba
Contributor
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

I replied to a message about this from RobbieMac last week. Not heard back. I'll give it another couple of days then attempt to raise an Executive Level complaint. It's not a huge issue - but it's irritating that I'm currently paying £35 a month more than I want to / need to. There's quite a lot else I could do with that money right now.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

@Hooba 

The mods are exceptionally busy at present and taking longer than normal to reply to your emails.  They reply to all emails in the order they are received to ensure that everyone's priority problems are treated equally. Mods will contact you when your email reaches top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hooba
Contributor
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

An update on this. The Mods have changed my package for me. At no point was I ever able to downgrade my package myself. As far as I can tell, neither could the Mods - because the 'solution' has been to move me on to a new 24 month TV / Phone / Broadband package effective from today. So - the way to 'downgrade' has been to extend my contract period by 6 week. I'm 'happy' to be on the package I wanted. I'm very unhappy that my contract has been extended without my permission / request. And all of this is a far cry from the promised flexibility to switch packages once a month. I don't have the energy to argue the toss any further on this. And god only knows what'll happen the next time I want to change packages. 

0 Ratings
Hooba
Contributor
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

God I sound grumpy. 

To add - thanks to the Mods for putting the effort in. It’s appreciated. Must be a difficult / busy time. 

And it’s still a great product. Suits me brilliantly and has been faultless in delivery re viewing. 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

@Hooba

Don't worry I'm still working on your case so you can ignore any emails you receive about the switch of package. Also, don't worry we won't be extending your contract.

Speak soon.

Matt

0 Ratings
Clover
Contributor
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

Hi John - could you help me too, please? Thanks!

Since March 26 I've been trying to downgrade from BigSport+HD to just Entertainment but every time I click on the TV and sport "Manage" button in my BT account it says "Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment We’re trying to fix the problem at the moment. Please come back later." I've tried multiple times on multiple days, including just now and it's always the same message.

The "Manage" buttons work for both the other products, broadband and landline, but not for the TV and sport product.

I called BT March 26 and they said they would raise a support request but they never got back to me and it never got fixed. They also said I could only downgrade from April 11, today.

My Flexible TV contract started March 12 so I should be able to downgrade from today, April 11, but the "Manage" button can never get my account details.

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Ratings