Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogcooper
Beginner
Message 31 of 35

Re: Can’t downgrade now tv package on line

Go to solution

Hi, 

I've been having similar problems to everyone above for a few months in that I am unable to manage my TV or broadband package at all online as I only ever get this message:

Hi Ollie. Sorry, but at the moment we can only show personalised deals for customers who already have broadband with us.

Despite the fact that I am a broadband customer.

I was hoping to be able to be more flexible with my TV.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Shyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

You can't do it online even though you are supposed to be able to do so. You have to ring up and that gives BT the opportunity to try and  sell you more products, as I have found out on a couple of  occasions.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @ogcooper welcome back to the community, I'm sorry you've been unable to make changes in MyBT due to that error message, this error normally happens if the account details or telephone number weren't added correctly when first registering for the BT ID and should be easy enough to fix. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Clover
Contributor
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

It took me three months of trying to finally get downgraded and regain access to my TV service online. A moderator here and two BT phone operators tried but were all unable to downgrade me, for reasons unknown. Finally, after two strongly worded complaints at the BT website achieved nothing, I finally called to complain, the operator tried and failed for the fourth time to downgrade me, then went away for 20 minutes and then told me it would be taken care of. Sure enough, later that day I was downgraded and could also manage my TV service online.

BT followed up with an apology two days later and credited me £155 as recompense.

0 Ratings
JH_Comms
Beginner
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

Have Big Sport and can't downgrade to remove Sky Sports and reduce costs as promised that I would be able to when made call to swap from my previous package @ £25 /month to Big Sport £40 / month deal.  If I was told at the time that I would not be able to do this then I wouldn't have signed up for the deal, but I categorically asked that I could downgrade at any time so cost would be roughly same as before and was told yes. 

0 Ratings