cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynkay
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Can’t get BT box to connect to internet

Hi I’ve just joined BT have everything working today but can’t get the internet to connect the YouView box it just keeps saying no internet yet my other devices are connecting ok any suggestions ? I’ve tried rebooting the router, I have it connect by the plug in connectors and paired them - Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Filosopher
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can’t get BT box to connect to internet

I have the same problem,was watching on Wednesday evening and lost the picture at 8.50 p.m. getting the message no network connexion.When I turn the box on the red light appears and then disappears after 2 or 3 minutes.If I press my remote in time it turns blue and then after the BT TV screen and then the You View screen the light on the box goes off and I get the message to say no network connexion.Rang BT on Thursday a.m and was told it was my line that was the problem and they would investigate.Got a text message to say they were working on the problem and it should be fixed by Tuesday 4th.A few minutes later a second text to say that I need to book an engineer to visit my home.Rang BT and was told I don`t need an engineer visit they are working on it...who do I believe?? In the mean time I am paying £60-00 per month for a service I am not receiving.I can watch BT Sport TV channels on my ipad but not the others in them package.If I don`t get the problem solved by 6.00 pm Tuesday 4th August I will try to get an engineer visit again as per the text from BT otherwise I will have to cancel..{I have a smart TV and can watch Freeview Channels without BT TV.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

0 Ratings
Lynkay
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi it’s really awful service I  just got connected this week so everything is new so should all work but tried again this morning and it shows I’m connected but when I try and open the apps it says no internet connection, an engineer is booked but not until 17th August that’s  the earliest appointment they have its appalling service , if he doesn’t sort it they can take it all back as they can’t provide me with the service they have in the contract. Like you I can watch the apps on my iPad - it’s got to be a fault with BT you read about it so many times.

Good luck and hope you can get it sorted as well it’s so frustrating isn’t it ....... 🙂

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

@Lynkay 

So the HomeHub has an ethernet cable to a powerline adapter (PLA), which is paired to another adapter and that has an ethernet cable to the Youview box. The PLAs are fully connected with all relevant lights on and working.

What other devices do you have that are working OK and are they wireless or wired?

Can you connect a laptop to the PLA situated by the Youview box & check the connection?

Exactly where are the Homehub & the Youview located and exactly what PLAs are you using?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

@Filosopher 

If you have a particular problem you should create your own thread instead of adding to others as you're doing.

0 Ratings
Filosopher
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Tim, if the problem isn’t solved by Wednesday[the new date in my MyBT track a fault section] I might do that or I’ll just cancel my BT TV package and save £60-00  per month...”everything matters but nothing matters  awfully “. 

0 Ratings
Lynkay
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi thank you for replying I’ve managed to get the apps up but still saying cannot connect to Internet when I try to log in, my iPad and iPhone are connected to the internet fine and has good signal. The BT box and router are in the same room opposite sides of the room to each other. I paired the two filter boxes so I assume they are ok as I can see the apps.

Im going to try my laptop and will feedback, thank you.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

@Lynkay 

I think BT still supply a 10m ethernet cable with the Youview box. Try , as a test, using that to connect the YV box directly to the Homehub just to ensure that the box is working correctly. If it does then it's the PLAs causing the issue.

0 Ratings