Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cavernwight
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Can't update to 29.36.00

A week or two ago, when the update was pushed to my box, it was stuck on 0% so I restarted the box - no update available when I tried to check, and 36 hadn't been installed. 

I've just had it pushed again, and the same issue is happening. The box is connected to my broadband via the ethernet cable, but it's been on 0% with the flashing circles for the last 30 minutes. Any advice? 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can't update to 29.36.00

Just a thought have you restarted the home hub recently? if not maybe it would be worth a try.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 3 of 15

@Cavernwight wrote:

A week or two ago, when the update was pushed to my box, it was stuck on 0% so I restarted the box - no update available when I tried to check, and 36 hadn't been installed. 

I've just had it pushed again, and the same issue is happening. The box is connected to my broadband via the ethernet cable, but it's been on 0% with the flashing circles for the last 30 minutes. Any advice? 

Have you checked the model and variant of you box (settings - device information) against the list on the youview website?

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 15

Hi @Cavernwight

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your set top box and the update. If you want to private message me your landline number I'll have a look for you.

Thank you,

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Cavernwight
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Yup, unfortunately no joy.
0 Ratings
Cavernwight
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

In what context? Maintenance mode?
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 7 of 15

@Cavernwight wrote:
Yup, unfortunately no joy.

I'm playing a bit of a waiting game at the moment because the YV website states that the roll out is still in progress but I have 2 boxes, one of them updated OK in response to me doing it manually. The other has still not updated and I'm wondering if it's something to do with the variant, the one I have which won't update is a DTR- T2100 / 84B08500, could I ask others who are experiencing the same problem to post the model/variant of their box to establish if this really is relevant.

0 Ratings
Cavernwight
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Mine is DTR- T2100 also.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 9 of 15

@Cavernwight wrote:

Mine is DTR- T2100 also.

Do you know which variant? (Youview button>Settings>Device information>Variant)

0 Ratings
j0hn83
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

If it's a DTR-2100 then its Variant: 84B08500

I believe the DTR-1000 is the only model with multiple variants (it has 3 variants).

My DTR-2100 also refuses to update. It's a phased rollout though and that's perfectly normal.

0 Ratings