Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 40

Can we have youtube app

Only thing really on my wishlist.
Would love to have this app to play videos on tv full screen and queue up with phone.
0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: Can we have youtube app

Youtube app would be nice to have on the Youview box. I the now at times use the Youtube app via my Samsung smart TV.

Darren

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 40

Yeah I guess as more and more buy smart tvs then there would be less need for some of the apps. I'm still on my old HD non smart tv for now.
It's maybe about the only thing I miss since ditching VM a while back.
Hopefully one day they add it, though I guess youtube need to agree and not sure if there's a cost involved. Though going back to my VM mention, I doubt they'd pay much if anything.

My ideal scenario woukd be new tv but the missus seems to think things like food, clothes etc. Come first.....silly woman 😀
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 40

My experience with smart TVs has not been great, I have a 4 year old Panasonic, it updated for the first year, but after that nothing.

The Youtube on my TV is not very good, after watching HD for a short time the picture becomes fuzzy. ( I have tried cat 5 & wifi both give the same result)

Not prepared to buy a TV every couple of years, so I bought a Amazon Firestick(I have the old  one which cost £25 but the latest is nearly £40), which plugs into a spare HDMI socket and it connects wirelessly to my hub.

The only downside the app choice is limited, eg I cannot get the Tripadvisor app.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 40

A more flexible solution is to just cast your phone, tablet or computer to the TV using a Chromecast or similar device. No worrying then about different makes and models of TV and PVR having the right sort of "smartness" that you want as you can have it all.
0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 40

I'd still rather it was on the bttv box then I can have the sound through my soundbar also.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 40

If the soundbar is connected up appropriately then that is possible using a casting solution (doing it now with my AV sound system).
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 40

Connect your soundbar to your TV.

0 Ratings
gillyallan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 40

My tv doesn't have optical out.

Yes there are workarounds but most devices these days have youtube app and all I'm asking is the boffins at BT consider adding it.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 40

It's YouView you need to ask:

https://community.youview.com/youview

0 Ratings