cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyRob969
Message 1 of 4

Can you use someone else's youview+ box

Go to solution

Sorry if this already been answered but when I searched I couldnt find any answers.

My Uncle has recently left BT but he has the new style youview+ box which he no longer needs and it has been confirmed he owns, my Grandma who is with BT but has the old style humax box would like the new box to be fitted and has aksed me to change it over for her but I need to know will it work ok with her TV account if I just change it over or will it still be linked to my Uncles deactivated account

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can you use someone else's youview+ box

Go to solution
It should work fine I think. Engineers often replace faulty older boxes with the newer model. Some customers also replace older boxes with a newer model they bought themselves either new or second hand.

It may need to go through an initial set up / registration again? If necessary you could do a factory reset on it.

Just give it a go would be my advice. I can't see any harm in trying it.
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It will work as it is tidy to the line and the accent not the box.

i can swap my boxes around with no problem at all.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
I also don't think that a previously used box has to be 'released' from an account by BT on their system. I can understand the concern and question but if that was the case then lots of second hand ones wouldn't be of much use to the buyers.
It seems to be a plug, register and play system so the hardware can easily be swapped / upgraded.