Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheLegendOfMart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling BTTV disabled the box?

Go to solution

I have two BTTV Ultra HD boxes and full TV package. My contact is up in a month time and I wanted to remove TV package as I don't watch sport or any of the channels really.

The guy on the phone said that if I removed my TV package then I would lose the ability to record even Freeview OTA channels. I asked him to double check as it says nothing on the website about me paying to record, just paying to receive the IPTV channels and he came back and said yes.

Is this true?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling BTTV disabled the box?

Go to solution

No it's just a pack of lies you've been told. And they well ask you to return them - another piece of mis-information.

MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

BT's customer services people lack very badly when it comes to training, I say that because you aren't the first person to have been misled in this way by them.

When you cancel your package you will NOT lose access to the recording/timeshift features for Freeview channels. You will also still have access to the free players (eg. bbc iplayer etc). You will NOT have to return any equipment as it BELONGS to YOU.

Some reading here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Returning-equipment-after-ceasing-BT-TV/td-p/1715517 and here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Will-my-YouView-or-BT-Vision-box-from-BT-work-if-I-decide-...

Hope this puts your mind at rest.

srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

my understanding is that the box is yours to keep and will continue to function as a freeview PVR once the inital contract expires. Unlike my Sky brick then. It's actually quite a good box it's easy to overlook the good points, EPG live replay and 1TB disk for starters.

My only real gripe at the moment is that the programme descriptions are not up to scratch, but I use the old Sky app on my tablet to find out new shows on Discovery etc.