Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dippu
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling BTTV

Go to solution

I am thinking of ditching BTTV in the new year since I do not use it very much nowadays. I have enjoyed it in the past when it was BT Vision and I could rent movies but not paying the monthly rental for the service. When the platform changed I received a new box I had to pay £5/ month for same the service which used to be free and this went up to £7 and now £9 (the package is Essential and not available to new customers).

I know there is a post on this forum from SeanD (on 16-02-19) clarifying what happens if you cancel BTTV subscription but I would like further clarification on the following once cancelled:

1. Will the On Demand Apps stay on the box? e.g. Prime, Netflix, iPlayer, itv hub, Ch4, My5  etc
  2. Will the Freeview guide scroll back 7 days and access Catch up that way if I want?

I am aware that I will lose all related BT channels and recordings. I am also aware that I can keep the box since I have had it a long time and have my original contract saying I could keep it after 12 months.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling BTTV

Go to solution

Yes to both questions

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The simple answer is that those on Demand Players and the Youview EPG  (guide)  will continue to be available .

0 Ratings
Dippu
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@jam2000 @zulu17  Thank you for your clarification, that’s good news.

0 Ratings