Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rogerwilko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Cannot have pay channels

Hi, i own a BT Freeview box, bought from Amazon, and try as a may, BT will not allow me to pay for subscription channels, if i select Gold, a phone number is shown, along with a code, but all i ever get from BT is they don't understand what the code is, and if i want pay channels, i have to purchase another box from them, this is frankly stupid, and i'm rapidly reaching the point where i will cancel my last remaining BT services, my broadband connection is FTTP, 80 / 20.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot have pay channels

You could get the basic non-recordable box from BT, that would give you the channels. I think you can then use your retail box instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
rogerwilko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Not sure how that would work, as i certainly don't want yet another STB, if i select a pay channel on my current BT box, it tells me to contact BT on the number displayed, and quote an on screen code, which means nothing to any of the BT staff i've given it too. To be honest i thibk the easiest solution is to dump BT and go elswhere to a company who actually wants to provide a prpoer level of customer service.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

You do not have to use the BT supplied STB, its only so you can get the subscription channels. As long as you do not have both connected to your broadband, there should be no problem. I am sure other people have done this. Perhaps someone else would like to comment?

Its the Mini YouView box (without record function) that you get.

YouView

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43928/~/different-types-of-youview-boxes-from-bt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

@rogerwilkowrote:

this is frankly stupid,.

Maybe, but is explained on the BT web site about how to order their TV subscription service.  Or rather, the lack of explanation about how to subscribe without also ordering a box should have flagged it up for you.

Did the Amazon seller claim you would be able subscribe to BT TV using their box?  Of so, I reckon you have more of a beef with them for being disingeneous.

0 Ratings
rogerwilko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

>Did the Amazon seller claim you would be able subscribe to BT TV using their box? < Not as such, but the seller was a reputable company i've used many times in the past, the fact it's a BT branded YouView box should i would have thought been ok, all the channels i want are in the epg, but when i select any of them all i see is a page with BT's phone number on, along with a code, which no one at BT seems to understand.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @rogerwilko

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  Can you send us over your details and we'll look into this from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
rogerwilko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Hi, had another try phoning BT this morning, sales person seemed more interested in interogating me as to what mobile phones i own, passed me to someone he said could help, but after waiting 5 minutes for a reply gave up, so i think it's finally good bye to BT.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@rogerwilko

Please contact @RobbieMac as requested

0 Ratings