Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lacey101
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Catch Up TV Buffering

Hi

I am having major buffering with the catch up facility via my BT box. BBC iPlayer etc.

To give a bit of context my TV is in a Separate room to my router so is connected via the link boxes.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Or what I can check around this?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Catch Up TV Buffering

Hi @Lacey101 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV service. What model of power line adaptors are you using to link your hub to the Youview box? It could be the adaptors or your broadband connection, what broadband speed are you getting at the moment?

0 Ratings
Lacey101
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I think they are TP-Link 600Mbps Passthrough Powerline.

I am not sure what internet speed I am getting. How do I check this? It should however be fast as it is a new set up with fibre and the internet PC connection is fine?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Some powerline adapters can upset your broadband speed, so it may be worth checking your download speed with them disconnected

TP Link ones seem to be a major source of problems. See the following threads on the forum.

My Powerline adapters slow down when downstream sync is high!

BT Infinity VDSL worse performance than ADSL

However there is a fix for the TP Link ones which was posted by davejanney, one of our forum members. Thank you.
You need to download this utility TP Link utility

Once you have it open go to the ADVANCED settings for the adaptor that is connected to the router. on the left hand side of the menu is MODE.
Within the mode settings there is an option to LOWER PLC-TO-VDSL INTERFERANCE MODE.

Now it warned me i would see a drop in speed however the change was instant! the speed on Speedtest.net doubled when running through the adaptors, and it is rock solid stable. i downloaded a 1Gb file with any connection drops, before it would have dropped out every 30sec.

See this post on the Plusnet forum Powerline Ethernet - A warning

Lacey101
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Ok thanks for that suggestion. I will follow that link tomorrow and see where I get!
0 Ratings