cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldcorcy
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Change in bt remote function

I have a new bt recording box linked to a Samsung tv. A recent change means the bt remote will no longer turn off the tv or adjust the volume on the sound bar, both of which they did until recently. I have reset the remote and carried out a factory reset to the Bt recorder but to no avail. Exactly the same has happened to my mum who has exactly the same combination. Can anyone shed any light on this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Change in bt remote function

Have you tried the remote code you might need to set the remote up with the tv code.

see link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42493/~/how-do-i-control-my-tv-with-my-bt-tv-remote-c...

0 Ratings
ldcorcy
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Tried that, didn’t work

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 8

what do you mean by 'a recent change' ? has it ever worked as you describe since you got the new BT box ? 

@ldcorcywrote:

I have a new bt recording box linked to a Samsung tv. A recent change means the bt remote will no longer turn off the tv or adjust the volume on the sound bar, both of which they did until recently. I have reset the remote and carried out a factory reset to the Bt recorder but to no avail. Exactly the same has happened to my mum who has exactly the same combination. Can anyone shed any light on this?

0 Ratings
ldcorcy
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Yes, it allowed the tv to be turned off independently of the recording box. Also, now when I increase the volume it increases the volume on the tv showing a volume increase display with a maximum of 100, which it never did before, but won’t adjust the volume on the sound bar which it did do before! A mystery
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Does the sound bar actually have its own remote control or does the TV control it some how ? It's only meant to work with TV's I think.

0 Ratings
ldcorcy
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

It worked for months successfully operating the sound bar. It is a recent development.
Exactly the same thing happened last weekend when I set up brand new BT youview new box and Samsung tv. Everything worked fine after initial set up, tv turned off separate to box. I then had to disconnect the white Ethernet cable from back of box to loose the capable. On reconnecting exactly the same problem as I experienced occurred with the same new volume display on screen
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Can you see if you can reproduce it by re-setting / repeating what you did ? you didn't answer my question BTW, does the sound bar have its own remote control ? and if so does that still work as expected ?

0 Ratings