Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 54

Changes to your subscription channel numbers

Hi Everyone,

On 2 June BT TV subscription channel numbers are changing. You don't need to rescan or change any settings, your box just needs to be connected to your BT home hub. Channels which are currently located between 400-599 are moving to the 300-599 range. Find out more at www.bt.com/help/channels.

Here is a video to explain the changes,

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
53 REPLIES 53
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 54

Re: Changes to your subscription channel numbers

Does this mean new channelsSmiley Surprised

Also why is BT Sport 1 HD going to be on 408 should it not be on 409 so the BT sport/ ESPN HD channels link up?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 54

Some strange numbering. Why is BT Preview moving between BT Sport 1 & 2, where is BT Sport Extra gone (has it become red button only). Why is MTV on 309 but MTV Music on 536.

Nat Geo Wild SD version seems to have gone missing all together....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 54

I believe the EPG channel nos are allocated by Youview - looks to me like Youview are finally opting to utilise the expanded channel number range they were allocated after the Freeview HD channels were moved out of the 300 range. There is probably no more likiehood of new channels now as there would have been prior to the re-organisation although the reason Youview needed a larger allocation was because they anticipated they would need them.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 54

Personally I would have thought it would have made sense for the HD variants channel line up to mirror the SD variants channel line up (even if they weren't available from a particular ISP), as a safeguard for future...but maybe that is just wishfull thinking 🙂

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 54

I agree with @scointer

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 7 of 54

I also agree that it seems a strange channel order numbering but I will slowly get used to it.

Darren

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 8 of 54

Bt Sport Extra is on 450

It looks as if a NEW BT Sport channel is to be placed between the current 1 & 2  -  which is why there is a gap. It has the preview for now but perhaps some name changes will resolve everything.

MTV is not a music channel so sites in the entertainment area - as it does on other platforms.

Nat Geo Wild is on 318

@scointer wrote:

Some strange numbering. Why is BT Preview moving between BT Sport 1 & 2, where is BT Sport Extra gone (has it become red button only). Why is MTV on 309 but MTV Music on 536.

Nat Geo Wild SD version seems to have gone missing all together....

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 54

Yes sport extra and nat geo wild have been added to the list after my comment above... Hence why it looks wrong now...

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 54

What with MTV moving to 309, and MTV Music moving to 536 the new numbering scheme does have a rather random look to it. 

What did they do, draw the channels out of a hat ?

It looks to me like this renumbering was rushed through before it had been properly thought out.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings