cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Changing from sky box to bt tv box

Go to solution

Hi, I currently have a bt sport subscription which I view through a sky box. I’d like to change from the sky box to a bt tv box without having to take out a bt tv subscription which I’m not currently interested in, is there anyway to get a bt pro box ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Changing from sky box to bt tv box

Go to solution

No. They come as part of a BT TV subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Whilst it appears to be possible to buy a BT TV Box Pro online, you wouldn't be able to watch BT Sport on it without a TV subscription.

You don't need to take out a package that includes other channels though - if all you want is Sport, then just take out the Sport package: https://www.bt.com/packages/sport
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Darren- I do have a BT sport subscription already (which I watch online or through my Sky box) but I’m struggling to see where I can get a pro box to watch it instead of using the Sky box 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
You'd need to cancel the BT Sport subscription with Sky, and take out the package I mentioned above (which would include a Pro box).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks again Darren

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Tsyrett Hi there. I have the BT Big Sports package. The reason BT wins over all other TV subscription companies is that one can just buy the Sports package as a stand-alone, the rest insist you buy at least their basic TV package, and add sports as an add-on. I found I was mainly watching Freeview channels and sports, so this suited me perfectly.

I dropped the BT Entertainment+, plus BT Sports add-on, and swopped it to BT Big Sport, which includes ALL the Sky Sports channels and the BT Sports channels. No extra payment for e.g F1 and golf on Sky.

Obviously it might not suit your viewing patterns, but for me I got more for less.

0 Ratings