Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Channel number changes from 24th August

Hi All,

Just received a text from BT that their subscription channel numbers will be changing on the 24th August.

This it seems will happen automatically but can take up to 24 hours.

For more information the text says to go to BT.com/guide

The really interesting thing when on that page is the reason give for changing the channel numbers, it's to make room for new channels that they will be introducing, I quote...

"We're changing our channel numbers to make room for new channels which are coming in the future. And we've grouped channels together so they're easier to find."

New channels are always good news, does anyone know anymore about what might be coming our way in the future?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Channel number changes from 24th August

Looking  at the web page the obvious change is that the  subscription  4K  and HD channels are  being given prominence in the EPG over the SD  channels. .The web page seems to be inaccurate at the moment.

Not seen any guidance over current hidden channel numbers .

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

Please can you post a link to the webpage?  Not had an email or seen any banners here.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Hi @ozsat 

I gave the link in my post, it is simply...

bt.com/guide

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

From what I can see if the new NowTV channels are moving further down in the EPG, and pushing the existing MAXTV package channels further up the EPG, so the NowTV channels will come first.

I expect this is in preparation for the MAXTV channels to be removed, which I guess is going is going to be sooner rather than later.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

I agree, there aren't many spare channels available to add extra channels to. Be interesting to see how the Talk Talk and Plusnet channel lists are affected as I believe the channels are the same across the Youview platform.

0 Ratings
Jonty1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Entertainment: 301-407

Sport: 408-499

Movies: 500-544

Kids: 545-569

Music 598-599

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

2 music channels?

Guess BT TV isn't going to the service to go for if you like lots of choice for music programming?

0 Ratings
StefanMc
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

That link no longer displays information relating to channel changes; instead, the landing page states it cannot connect - I wonder if  the proposed channel number changes have been dropped? BTTV EPG for subscription channels ordering is currently very messy, with the introduction with new NOW TV channels, e.g Sky Nature, positioned in the 'legacy packs' entertainment channels. 

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Hi @StefanMc 

I in fact received another text from BT a day later saying the original text had been sent by mistake.

And that the channels won't be changing on 24th August, but they will be changing in the future...

0 Ratings