cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyrakes
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Channels being deleted on LG tv when I turn TV off.

Go to solution

I have an LG TV with a BT box connected. I lose all the pre-tuned channels on the TV when I turn off the TV at night. In the morning I have to retune. If I disconnect the BT box at night the TV keeps the channels.  The channels on the BT box are not lost whether the box is plugged in and connected to the TV or disconnected from the mains electricity.

Can anyone advise?

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Channels being deleted on LG tv when I turn TV off.

Go to solution

@skyrakes 

Welcome to this user forum.

This is because the TV signal is not being passed through to the TV, when the BT TV is turned off.

There is a setting on the LG TV which causes it to rescan for channels every day to update its list. If there is no signal, then all the channels get deleted. I had the same issue on my LG TV.

I cannot remember exactly which setting it was on the TV, but it was somewhere on the TV signal settings.

Perhaps it was Switching off the Programme List Update? It was a long time ago now.

Another similar thread relating to BT TV standby mode https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Aerial-pass-through/td-p/1807105

0 Ratings
skyrakes
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Channels being deleted on LG tv when I turn TV off.

Go to solution
Thank you for a speedy reply. I will try the suggestions out and report back.
0 Ratings
skyrakes
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Re: Channels being deleted on LG tv when I turn TV off-UPDATE

Go to solution

Hi

Problem solved. 

I pressed the Blue home button on the BT remote. Then went into settings via the icon at the top of the screen. Tabbed down to Power and Standby. The next screen gave me 2 options one of which was Standby Mode. I selected this and was presented with another 3 options

Energy Saver

Smart Channell

Always ready.

"Smart Channel" had been selected. I tabbed down to "Always On". I switched the TV off for a couple of hours. Switched back on and TV channels were still there. Last night again all switched off and when switched on this morning all OK.

Problem solved, I hope.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Actually there is another option in Picture & Sound: Antenna Out

Turn that on then you can revert to using Smart standby which helps save the lecky with a lower power usage when the BT box is not in use.

skyrakes
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Tried that and this morning the tv channels had gone on my TV. I have reverted back to my solution as shown in the above post.
0 Ratings