cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jay86mk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Channels crash and reset needed when a recording starts!

I've had a number of issues since switching from Sky and starting to have regrets...I lose internet channels regularly and now the box has started to crash when it starts recording a programme. Why does this happen? I've never had connection issues with my hub until the youview box was hooked up to it : (
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Channels crash and reset needed when a recording starts!

@jay86mk wrote:
I've had a number of issues since switching from Sky and starting to have regrets...I lose internet channels regularly and now the box has started to crash when it starts recording a programme. Why does this happen? I've never had connection issues with my hub until the youview box was hooked up to it : (

How have you connected the box to the hub? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jay86mk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yes the box is connected to the router via Ethernet only. I often get an error saying I'm about to lose the channel and it's 50-50 as to whether it happens or not. Always shows as connected in the settings too. I'm just hoping it holds out for the FA cup final today!
0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

@jay86mk wrote:
Yes the box is connected to the router via Ethernet only. I often get an error saying I'm about to lose the channel and it's 50-50 as to whether it happens or not. Always shows as connected in the settings too. I'm just hoping it holds out for the FA cup final today!

That suggests a broadband speed issue - what speeds do you get? 

0 Ratings
jay86mk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm not so sure it's the speed. I'm on infinity 2 if I remember right and every other device is very fast on wireless connections so I'd expect wired to be the same if not better? I believe our area gets up to 70meg and as I said no other device has speed/ connection issues. We're running home hub 3 I think, are there any reported issues with this router and youview? It also doesn't seem to be at any particular time of day or night
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

It really does suggest a speed issue or interference somewhere. I lose the channels when my wife uses the food mixer, took a long time to work that out.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
jay86mk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Speed has always been fine so I would guess interference. Happened again today and it always seems to happen when something starts recording. If I'm lucky a reset of the box and router sorts it but this means I can't record..
0 Ratings