Message 1 of 5

Channels leaving BT TV in 2021/22

Channels leaving BT TV in 2021/22 | BT Help

The URL does not invlude Dave which was also removed on the 30/10/2021

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Channels leaving BT TV in 2021/22

As someone who has been with BT TV since inception, with all the legal fights between BT and Sky, having Sky Sports initially delivered over Freeview, channels available not on other broadcasters, we are now at the stage where the original BT TV is at end and it is all Sky, or Sky Light as I see it.

Stew

Message 3 of 5

Interesting that it says yes to Eurosport being available on the flexible packages despite us being told it's leaving those packages too.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I started another thread on here a few weeks back called 'RIP BT TV'

You are 100% right, BT TV is now nothing more than a Now TV reseller.

At least Now TV when supplied by them is 30 day contract.  To get Now TV from BT we have to commit to a 2 year contract along with Broadband which is very excessive.

BT are also in advanced talks to get rid of BT Sport and sell it to DAZN Sports.  If that happens then BT TV is well and truly dead as a stand alone product.

BT appears to be returning to being a pure comms company.  At this rate they'll be bringing back Buzby.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

When you compare BTTV now, to what it was over a decade ago, things don't bode well for it's future at all. While everyone else has upped their offerings, BT has very obviously scaled back to the point of closing it altogether. There used to be loads of BTTV "programming" available as part of the basic sub, now there isn't a single programme on the BT TV section of the platform that isn't "pay to view".  The PSB channels were at one stage all delivered via ip, various packages to mix and match available. Now, as you say, it's basically Now TV or nothing. When I think back to having two Vision boxes that would play each others content (though they soon knocked that on the head...). I suppose the only consolation is that when they eventually do pull the plug, it'll be a get out clause for customers who have signed on in the last few months. A shame they spent so much money on BT Sport, and basically consigned the rest of their platform to the bin.