cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Channels missing following Freeview retune in my area

I recently had to retune due to channel changes in my area. Before I did so, following the changes, some channels were no longer viewable (4SevenHD for example). I retuned my TV with Freeview Play built in and all channels are present and working again. The YouView box had the same issue so I retuned and the channels that weren't working are now working again, however, the box will no longer tune in channels 107, 108, 109 or 110.

I've retuned it countless times, factory reset it and also moved it and connected it to the same aerial point my Freeview Play TV is connected to (that does receive these channels) and retuned again but it still doesn't pick them up. Anyone else had similar issues or know how to fix?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: Channels missing following Freeview retune in my area

Hi @AshK,

I'm sorry some of your freeview channels are missing following a re-tune. Can you take a look at - Bad quality or missing Freeview channels on BT TV and let me know if that has helped?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi, None of the suggestions helped. The same aerial picks up the channels without going through the youview box.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi. I have had the same problem. I have just pent 140 on a new aerial. Last night, it happened again.
Have you worked out what has happened.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi. I have had the same problem. I have just pent 140 on a new aerial. Last night, it happened again.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

To be honest, I gave up after a while.

I have another TV fed off the same aerial and this picks up the channels fine using the built in Freeview. Connected the YouView box to this TV by the same cable and aerial point it doesn't pick up the channels. When speaking with BT Chat help service, I got the impression my aerial would be blamed regardless and I'd be charged so I never took it any further.

Did you get a new aerial following BT or engineer advice or just decided to hit and hope?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hi. I did everything I could, retune, factory reset, new cables. Aerial works fine in tv though.
BT engineer came out. Just did what I did.
He had a quick look at aerial from outside.
He didn't go up. He thought I just needed a new cable from aerial to house.
He said that the little black box on the aerial outside collects with water and interferes with signal. He said the youview box aren't great coping with the aerial signal. He said he thinks the actual aerial ok.
I called an aerial company. I advised I think a new incoming cable.
He went up on roof and said I need new aerial( what a surprise)
He said 170 pound. I was gobsmacked. I said very dear. He knocked down to 140.
All seemed ok until last night.
Lost the same channels again. Did a return and I lost 16 channels.
I Don't think I even needed a new aerial. I just thing the youview boxes are **bleep**.
If it was the aerial that was bad, then why should this happen again.
They are coming out again tomorrow.
The public are just being ripped off by everyone.
They are all as bad as one another.
I just hate the way Sky have a monopoly on it all.
Cheers for replying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

When I first connected up the box after signing up, it detected very few channels. I did rescan after rescan but it just wouldn't find all the channels. After a little googling, I saw a forum which said they had to enable "antenna out" setting under settings > picture & sound. I enabled it and rescanned and no change. I rescanned again and it found another 30 or so channels. Doing the same after having this latest issue hasn't helped but it does seem to have had an effect before so may be worth a shot?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

I have exactly the same issue after the changes on May 23rd, and no matter how many retunes I carry out, it's still the same.

I'm pretty sure that the initial retune was fine but the other day the box advised again that a retune was required and now it only finds 148 channels  vs the 163 it had shown previously.

The problem only seems to be with the BT youview box as my other standard Humax youview and TV itself work fine and shows all of the channels available as expected.

0 Ratings