cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

Childrens channel aspect ratio

Just added the extra children's channels and they're all working well but the aspect ratios of the channels doesn't seem right on all of them.  The Disney Channels and Cartoon Network all look like genuine 16:9 programmes sent as 16:9 broadcasts so all fine there.  However, the others look like 4:3 transmissions of widescreen programmes, letterboxed to 14:9 and the broadcast is picked up as 16:9.

If the other channels were being broadcast as 4:3 then the picture would be 'pillarboxed' to maintain the original aspect ratio but these channels fill the screen and, in my view, it's at the expense of picture quality.

So I'm not sure if it's the channels themselves or BT who are sending the channels at the 'wrong' aspect ratio but either way it could definitely be improved.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Childrens channel aspect ratio

Have you tried rebooting the STB from the power switch on the rear just to confirm its not a locally isolated issue.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

I haven't and will give it a try.  But other 4:3 content (e.g. ITV3 programmes) is showing as you'd expect.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Grecian83
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

If you mean nick Jr etc, mine is exactly the same, but, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe it's the same on Sky and Virgin too.
0 Ratings