Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco63
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Choosing my TV package

Go to solution

At the moment I have Entertainment Starter (with AMC), BT Sport and Sky Main Event. I have the sports channels only for football

Obviously, I’ve had the emails offering the new TV packages and now one telling me I have to change. I kind of resent this. I’m not sure about what to do now. I read this for existing customers “If you have Sky Cinema or Sky Sports Main Event you’ll be able to watch and manage them, but they can’t be added to existing BT TV packages”

That implies I can leave things as they are, as they are already added. Elsewhere I’ve read that Sky Sports Main Event will no longer be available. Does this mean I am compelled to take Big Sport to watch football from Sky?

Thanks

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 23

Re: Choosing my TV package

Go to solution

Hi @marco63 I was under the impression that when your existing legacy BT TV contract came to an end, you could keep it, (but possibly losing any discounts). Are you saying that the email insists that you take out one of the new Now TV packages?

Stew

0 Ratings
marco63
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Hi StewM

Thanks for answering - this is what the email says

We wanted to let you know that we’re simplifying our TV packages. It means that from 19 November your Sky Sports Main Event add-on will no longer be available. So you’ll need to have switched to new BT TV Big Sport to continue watching all the great sport you have now. And get so much more as well”

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

The Big Sports or the VIP Packages are the only ones which have Sky Sports included. But this email indicates a more determined effort from BT to get rid of the legacy packages and channels. So effectively the channels will disappear for you from 19 November?

If this is true, you will not be the only one to feel resentful. Perhaps I should reword it to, it indicates a more determined effort from BT to get rid of legacy packages, legacy channels and legacy customers!

We need some clarification from BT here.

Also in your situation the monthly payment will increase?

Stew

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

This is taken from the help pages.

If you joined us for BT TV before 21 February 2020

You can continue with your current BT TV package and get selected add-ons. If you want to change plan, you’ll need to move to one our new flexible packages. You can then choose from add-ons that include NOW TV passes.

Which contradicts the email you received.

As I said, we need some clarification here. I have requested Mod for help to confirm whether this is just a badly worded email or not.

Stew

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Good morning guys,

I'm really sorry for the confusion here.  Let me reach out to my colleagues to try and get some clarification.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

It sounds to me that it is the Sky Sports Main Event add on that is being removed, not Entertainment Starter.

If you wish to continue watching Sky Sports then you have to switch to a new package and lose your Entertainment Starter channels as well , if you don’t I suspect you can stay on the base pack and just lose the sports as the add on is no longer available.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

@RobbieMacwrote:

Good morning guys,

I'm really sorry for the confusion here.  Let me reach out to my colleagues to try and get some clarification.

Cheers,

Robbie

Hi @RobbieMac , any luck with clarifying this?

Stew

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Everyone

We’re simplifying our BT TV packages and from 19th November, Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Cinema will no longer be available to customers on our older BT TV plans.

Our new flexible TV packages offer access to Sky Sports and Sky Cinema content. If you’d like to continue watching the sports you had access to our new BT TV Big Sport package is for you. Sky Cinema can also be added on to your package as a flexible bolt-on via NOW TV on BT TV. For more information on these packages, head to www.bt.com/tv.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for that @NeilO . So as I subscribe to Sky Sports Main Event this will be simply removed on the 19th. I presume I will still be able to continue with The Max 4K package?

Also what about other add ons, BT Kids, BT Music?

Stew

0 Ratings