cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droberts
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Come back Virgin Media, I forgive you!!

After a number of years with VM, I decided to go for the BT Infinity/YouView product. I now already regret disconnecting a half decent service with VM, to switch to BT/YouView.

The install of Infinity and YouView was last Thursday (14th), and we have not had any On Demand TV since install. We constantly were getting a YVM104 error every time we access On Demand. Network connection was good, as we have IP address/DNS etc set, and status of Connected. I contacted BT support Saturday morning (16th) who were of no help (apart from turn it off/on). I was informed level 2 support would contact me within 24-48 hours. 

As it had been over 72 hours and nothing, I called again as disapointed paying for a service we are not getting! Spoke to BT support, and we attempted to go into Maintenance Mode, which gave an error of 'Boot fail. Invalid signature!!' Apparently this requires an engineer, but, we have to wait 2 weeks now!!

So, amazingly disapointed as was expecting at least a working service. At least VM had a working service, and engineers would be available within a couple of days.

If anyone can tell me if I have a cooling off period and can claim back the money I`ve paid, so I can go back to Virgin, that would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bobjob
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Come back Virgin Media, I forgive you!!

the bad news is boot fail.invalid signature means you will need a new box,good news is,BT will know this and bring a replacement.
0 Ratings
droberts
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Ah, thanks Bobjob, it did look pretty terminal! Hopefully then second box will prove more successful. Perhaps will give them the benefit, as not BT's fault then.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@bobjob wrote:
the bad news is boot fail.invalid signature means you will need a new box,good news is,BT will know this and bring a replacement.

I can't see why BT can't just post out a replacement to the customer, let them install it and return the faulty one - no need for an engineer

0 Ratings
droberts
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Engineer arrived, and instantly swapped the box out, and now working perfectly.

Have to mention the two BT engineers who have attended, have been outstanding, a credit to their company. YouView looks fab, a major step on from VM, so now pleased I made the change.

Worth pointing out now the Broadband link has been 100%, again a big step on from VM.