cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Complete Confusion - Help

I honestly thought Sky was bad, but BT... well done. 

I have recently taken out the Max TV package. I have 4k Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC Iplayer Beta. All of which stream well. I also have BT Infinity 1, (52 meg). 

After looking through the BT website, seeing multiple prices, packages, deals, details... its a total mess from a customer perspective. 

Anyway, I ordered the Max Entertainment package, but have been told I cant access certain HD Channels or Ultra HD at all. Apprently my line doesnt support it. In fact I am at the stage where I am unsure what I will get and if I dont get what I want I will utilise the 14 day cooling off period. 

Can someone shed some light on why I cant get the UHD channels, or all HD? Or maybe point me in the direction of what I will get with BT TV. 

How this business runs is at a loss to me. 

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42

Re: Complete Confusion - Help

Hi @david112 and welcome.

I'm sure we'll be able to help with this. Can you run the speed test and post the results?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

download at 48.22 meg and upload at 19.22 meg, 6 ping. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 42

Thanks for checking that @david112

Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 42

Hello. 

The Rabit hole of BT Customer Service gets deeper. After confirming with the "chat service" that i was receiving the new Utra HD box, as per the advert/spec/discussion I had with sales. I have been told this morning that I am not. 

I cannot understand why:

BT advertise UHD being available on the 52 meg package;

BT send me an email inviting me to buy the product;

I order the product and it fails with no explanation;

I call BT who tell me I need Infinity first (I have had it for one year);

BT tell me that I cant get UHD but can get everything else and I would still get the UHD box as its better (recording time etc);

BT confirm in writing I would get the UHD box via live chat;

BT email order has no reference to any type of set top box;

BT call me, then disconnect me randomly;

BT call me again, cant answer my question, put me through to sales who tell me I am not on the package I took out in the first instance, offer to transfer me to the technical team, then cut me off (again) 

BT then call me to rectify my Broad band technical issue (i dont have one, havent had one, dont know where this came from)

the list goes on @DavidM please, please, please, please can you assit. Just someone take ownership, follow up and add some clarity. 

P.S all literature say I need a minimum line speed of 40mbps, I have infinity 1 with average line speed of 48mbps.... I can post the information. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 42

@DavidM has already responded, just fill in the "contact the mods" form as requested.

0 Ratings
david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Cheers, have done @Keith_Beddoe , did it yesterday, no response yet! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 42

Thanks for doing that @david112.

At this moment in time it can take 3-5 working days before we can get back to you. We aim to get back to you sooner.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
david112
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 42

@DanielS thank you. 

Just concerned that I want to exercise my right to cancel asap - if this cant get rectified. So would really appreciate a prompt response. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 42

You are very welcome @david112.

When we pick this up, one of the mods will own your case and do everything we can to help. If we've provided you with a TV service that we physically can't provide you with then I can't see us holding that against you.

We will be back in touch with you personally.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings