cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Connecting you view box to hub with cable?

Go to solution

My yv box is remote from hub and I connect with power extenders. Moving hub is not possible as master socket on first floor and front of house. Yv box rear of house/ ground floor. 

I get picture breakup on internet channels( bt sport) probably due to power extenders and very bad on 2nd internet channel if recording on another I/net channel.

With Discovery possibly going from sky need to improve my reception, as would cancel sky as little other sport I watch and could get Eurosport with bt.

Could  I connect with cat 5/6 cable or coax from hub to yv box successfully and is there a max distance? I can install this but moving master socket too expensive.

Brian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting you view box to hub with cable?

Go to solution

Yes, CAT5 Ethernet cable would be just fine. You are unlikely to exceed the 100M maximum length.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
If you have any other AV devices that would benefit from an ethernet connection then run the one cable from the hub to an ethernet switch by the TV and connect the Youview box et al to that.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Keith,

Thankyou, hoped that would be the case, I will probably be no more than 30m. 

Brian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Gomez, Thankyou , would Ethernet splitter be the same as for connecting many computers on a single LAN connection so each has it's own IP address.regards Brian

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Ethernet switches use the MAC (hardware ID) address of devices to perform switching. IP addresses are normally issued by the BT Home hub, unless you have manually set them on the device itself.

0 Ratings