cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Connection to wifi

Go to solution

Hi, I bought a yourview box around a year ago and all was well with set-up.  So i bought another for another room and it insists i need to plug in to my router.  But the other one didn't ask this, and it records, plays etc. well.  I cant find a model number, but the screen is very different.  I did trail a wire from the room to my router and it worked, but refuses to when i removed it again.  I don't want wires trailing all over the house, so how do I get ruond this please?  The first box does not require a wifi connection, and I dont understand that with the newer box, I can record (with router wire removed) but when I try and play back, a message comes up telling me I need to connect to the internet!  Very confusing for me.  Can anyone help me please?  Thanks in advance 🙂 x

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection to wifi

Go to solution

@gillymusicwrote:

Hi, I bought a yourview box around a year ago and all was well with set-up.  So i bought another for another room and it insists i need to plug in to my router.  But the other one didn't ask this, and it records, plays etc. well.  I cant find a model number, but the screen is very different.  I did trail a wire from the room to my router and it worked, but refuses to when i removed it again.  I don't want wires trailing all over the house, so how do I get ruond this please?  The first box does not require a wifi connection, and I dont understand that with the newer box, I can record (with router wire removed) but when I try and play back, a message comes up telling me I need to connect to the internet!  Very confusing for me.  Can anyone help me please?  Thanks in advance 🙂 x

Hi @gillymusic. It is very difficult to help you without knowing the make and model of your new Youview box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection to wifi

Go to solution

Hi @gillymusic.

Instead of trailing wires you could use something like this https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-connector-kit-087372-CMS2.html?q=BT%20Mini%20Connector%20Ki...

They are on offer probably from your My BT page or a large selection from other sources.

0 Ratings