cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wrights83
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Constant IPC6023 errors on HD Channels

I’ve been using BT tv since November and noticed on the internet HD channels mostly documentary a lot of the time I get about 30 seconds or so of viewing then I get the IPC6023 error. Check your internet connection, restart router and BT box. Is this normal for most people? My friend says he sees this error message a lot. I’m using a Netgear router. Is there a setting I’m missing? My connection is relatively fast 40 down, 6 up.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Constant IPC6023 errors on HD Channels

Welcome to this user forum.

You need to prove whether ita a router issue or a network issue, by trying it with a BT Home hub.

Similar thread here https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/IPC6023-Netgear-XR500-Nighhawk-Pro-gaming-Channel-stops-...

0 Ratings
Wrights83
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yeh that was going to be my next stage. I’ll plug in the home hub later. Funnily now all internet channels are playing up not just HD. I’m hard wired using cat 6 cables
0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Funnily enough, I’ve also been suffering a lot of IPC6023 errors recently after year(s) of no issue ... no difference in my kit and I have a very reliable 80/20 Infinity 2 service with no resync issues and barely any errors.

I find the IPC6023 error is almost exclusively on HD channels and happens after about 30 to 40 minutes viewing. Seems to improve after rebooting the YV box. Doesn’t appear to affect recordings (ie hour+ long recordings complete without problem).

I am wondering if it’s another exchange related issue or YV box problem (again). Personally I can’t stomach the thought of contacting BT about the issue by phone as I know how it will play out; lots of time wasted to no effect.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Wrights83 and @trapdoor,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the BT TV service.

If you are able to send me your landline number or account number via a private message I'm happy to take a look for you.

@Wrights83 you mentioned your friend also has a problem with IPC6023, if you could send me their landline or get them to send me their details as well I can look into their problem as well. And if you are able to check using a BT hub as well just for comparison and let me know if the issue is the same then that would be extremely helpful as well.

Thank you.

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Wrights83
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you all for your help. Using the smart hub has fixed the problem. So far now I’m happy to use the smart hub even though it says my speed has dropped at least 5MB. My landline is **Edited** if you want to test why the speed has dropped compared to when I was using a Netgear router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Wrights83

Please do not post your number on this public forum, send it to @Gemma_P via private message.

https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/225698

0 Ratings