cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snootboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Continual message when watching BT tv

when I watch TV (youview and subscription channels) I continually get a message saying Sorry youview is not connected to your router followed instantly by  youview is connected to the Internet. I get this message continually dozens of times a day. I have followed instructions to reset my youview+ box even doing a factory reset and the problem persists. I get picture breakup and picture loss regularly. My broadband varies between 52Mbps to 64Mbps so is well in the minimum speed for UHTV programs. I had to watch BT Sport on my laptop (no problems) because it was unwatchable on TV. Only had BT TV for six weeks but pig sick of it already. Youview+ box installed by BT engineer. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Continual message when watching BT tv

Hi. How is your box connected to the Home Hub; Ethernet cable or Powerline adaptors?
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

@snootboy wrote:

when I watch TV (youview and subscription channels) I continually get a message saying Sorry youview is not connected to your router followed instantly by  youview is connected to the Internet. I get this message continually dozens of times a day. I have followed instructions to reset my youview+ box even doing a factory reset and the problem persists. I get picture breakup and picture loss regularly. My broadband varies between 52Mbps to 64Mbps so is well in the minimum speed for UHTV programs. I had to watch BT Sport on my laptop (no problems) because it was unwatchable on TV. Only had BT TV for six weeks but pig sick of it already. Youview+ box installed by BT engineer. Any ideas?

Assuming that you aren't using powerlines - a cable is preferred - have you checked that your BT HomeHub isn't rebooting?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

This is an engineer installation. If the problem has been there from the beginning call BT to rectify the problem.
Before you do that check all your cables are in place as this looks like the connection is dropping
0 Ratings
snootboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Seems many problems. Installer did not check phone line. Old fashioned socket using filter (plugged into socket). Engineer replaced with new facia with tnbuilt filter. Said it was 90 percent of problem. He left and within an hour I got frozen screens picture breakup and loss of subscription channels. Rang BT help line and demanded a new youview box. Same engineer two days later who wanted to try 'factory reset'. As I had two previous resets I refused and requested replacement box. Box exchanged and has worked relatively well for a week but is now starting to show worrying signs of further problems ie box getting hot, sometimes refusing to start if recording whilst on standby. Reckon boxes are rubbish. Sent BT an email of complaint but no response after eight days. Shoulda stayed with Sky. Thank you for advice

0 Ratings