Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonn_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Continuous white flashing from 4K UHD box

Go to solution

Have swapped the HDMI cable, tried different HDMI port on the TV, tried other sources into same HDMI port on TV, carried out full reset, but still getting a continuous white flash every second and no sound regardless of channel and even while the box is starting up.

I'm guessing the box is toast, but is there anything else worth checking? Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Continuous white flashing from 4K UHD box

Go to solution

Tbh it sounds like there's a terminal fault on the HDMI... Have you tried another HDMI connected device in the TV port just to rule out a fault with the TV? We had an issue which appeared to be the Youview box but it was in fact the TV so we had to buy a new 4K HDR TV 😆 

Jonn_C
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Nigel - it turns out you are correct; 2 out of the 4 HDMI ports on the TV have failed overnight & my first check swapped the BT Box into another failed HDMI input!

The other 2 are working fine, so going to hold off new TV just for now, as can live with 2 right now.

NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yep same happened to me. I'd had my TV a few years and BT sent me a 4K box to solve an ongoing issue and it was blasting the screen over all HDMI ports. The Youview was in HDMI 1 but it'd come through on all inputs. Turned out to be a TV fault so I had a genuine reason to put an upgrade request in with the boss (wife). She eventually authorised a 55inch set 😂

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Jonn_C  You could look into obtaining an HDMI splitter should you require more than the two ports still in operation. That should suffice until you do decide to take the plunge and source a new smart TV.

0 Ratings