cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Control ex-BT Youview box from ipad

I have an ex-BT Youview box which no longer pairs to my ipad without logging in with a BT ID - which deosn't work so presumably it means I need a BTTV account - no use to me.  It has worked well doing this for several years. 

It is also irritating that my other, non-BT Youview  box shows me BT badging etc even though its only connection is the BT broadband and that does work with my ipad

Has anyone ideas of how to get BT out of my TV hair? Anyone managed to control two Youview boxes remotely?

Geoff

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Control ex-BT Youview box from ipad

I only have a retail YouView box, still on the old software. On  the main setup menu, there is an option to pair a device with the box. This works fine when paired with the Android YouView app, so may work with the Apple version.

I do not have a BT Vision account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Control ex-BT Youview box from ipad

@Keith_Beddoe I too have a retail YV box which pairs with the Humax app quite well.  But you can't control/pair with two boxes so I have been controlling the BT YV box from the BT app, which now requires me to log in. It says it is paired and worked until a couple of months ago.  I can, obviously, control it direct but on Sunday mornings I set up the two boxes base on the newspaper reviews.  I'm just being lazy.

0 Ratings