Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshshaw31
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Controlling TV with BT Remote

Hi all. 

I have followed the steps from the guide to set up my BT remote to control my TV.

However when I press the TV & AV buttons together, the blue lights flash 3 times then the light freezes on blue and nothing pops up to enter the code.

Does anybody know how I can fix this or any help? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Controlling TV with BT Remote

@Joshshaw31 

You are releasing the buttons once the blue light has flashed 3 times I assume as you don't mention that.

When the blue light is on solidly you then enter the code & continue with the instructions. Nothing pops up anywhere.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Joshshaw31 thanks for posting and welcome to the community, as @TimCurtis has mentioned you just need to enter the code on the remote after the blue light flashes three times. I've copied the steps below.

BT TV remote control
  1. Hold down both the TV and TV AV buttons for at least three seconds until the blue light flashes three times
  2. Release the buttons and enter the four-digit code for your brand of TV. If the code works, the blue light will flash another three times
  3. Point your remote at your TV and hold the TV button until your TV turns off. This can take a while as your remote will try different codes for your brand of TV (the blue light will blink briefly each time it tries a new code)
  4. When your TV turns off, release the button, then test your remote by pressing TV to turn your TV back on, then Vol +, Vol - and TV AV
  5. Some TV’s will not respond to the TV button press to turn your TV back on. If you see a red light on your TV then you could try pressing OK or go back to step 4
  6. If everything's okay, press OK to confirm. The blue light will flash again and your remote will be programmed for your TV
  7. If it didn't work, start again from Step 4 and the remote control will continue to search from where you left off (or you may want to restart from Step 1 if you're not sure you entered the right code)

To reset your remote, hold down the AD, DELETE SUB and BT PLAYER buttons at the same time, until the blue light flashes three times.

The AD button looks like this 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Trayce
Message 4 of 7

Hi.  I am also having the same problem and this isn't working.  I have reset the remote a few times and still the blue light stays on.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

0 Ratings
Joshshaw31
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi. 

I can get to step 4. I hold the TV button and the remote flashes through the codes then turns off. 

I'm just having problems turning back on. I press TV on but nothing happens and red light stays on Tele.

It says go back to step 4 but I'm confused because I can't restart step 4 as nothing rsapons when I press the buttons mentioned. Do I need to press TV volume keys and TV AV together?

Once the TV is on I can turn it off fine with my BT remote. It's just turning on is the problem, I have to use system remote (JVC) 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi, @Joshshaw31. Some TV's need the on button to be held in for a few seconds before the TV responds, can you try doing that? Can you post the TV model number as this might help us understand the problem?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Joshshaw31
Beginner
Message 7 of 7