cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtdobson
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Crackling sound

I have noticed crackling sound on some hd channels and especially on hd recordings. This is only sine the software update. Is there a fix or solution for this problem. My box is just connected via an hdmi cable to my tv without a surround sound set up.

Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
M_at
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Crackling sound

I've noticed something similar too but hadn't identified it as being down to the update!

I also notice it on recordings and non HD material.

Should probably do some re-wiring to see if it persists over the SPDIF connection - currently I only use the HDMI.

0 Ratings
MEM
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I've also noticed this crackling sound on HD channels and also on some iplayer programmes. Again only with HD stuff. When I switch to an SD channel the crackling goes but them returns when the original channel is selected.

Because it only happens on the HD channels I doubt it has anything to do with the wiring and is more likely a fault with the HD channels decoding software.

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

We found this to be quite bad on Brian Cox's programme on BBC HD last night.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kryten22uk
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Crackling on the TopGear HD programme I watched this evening.

0 Ratings
JonWill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I am seeing this on a lot of programmes - may be limited to HD (live and on demand)

0 Ratings
ikolpdog
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I have found the 10 second skip back button ( |<< ) solves the sound crackle problem, sometimes I need to press it twice but usually once works just fine. Not ideal but better than listening to that awful sound untill they fix the issue :).

TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Had the same issue on Box Office download last night; sounded like a scratchy old LP! Stopped the film and started from the beginning again and it was crystal clear . . . .
0 Ratings