Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hellothere19
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Crazy Remote or not ?

Go to solution

Hello all 

I got my BT tv and remote 2,5 yrs (so out of contract) and the remote goes mad. I did a reset, but to no avail Sometimes tv does not respond to the command. Sometimes it does but when for example I press on the first nr   to change channel, let’s say I want to go to channel 104, I push nr1 but it will repetitively do in very quick sequence 111 ,111, 111... . I press guide, it shows guide  but can not scroll to channels etc   I click blue button when I’m in the guide to go to other channels, but tv does something completely different etc 

before I buy a new remote, i just want to know that indeed these problems are linked to the remote and not the tv or Youview box? 

thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Crazy Remote or not ?

Go to solution

Hi @hellothere19  welcome back to the forum and thanks for posting. It does sound like it's the remote at fault here but check out My BT TV remote control isn't working and you may find it useful in confirming if the remote is faulty.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
hellothere19
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks

Checked all that and it didnt help, a new remote is on tis way to me

I'll close this for now as I'm sure the new remote will do the trick

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hopefully the new remote will do the trick for you.

If you need any other help after you get it, please let us know.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings