cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 1 of 5

Curzon Film.

Looks like BT investing not just in sport.

"He said: “After the success of BT Sport they are looking to expand into other forms of content. We have a close relationship and we’ve been talking to them about the new fund.”"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/10883808/BT-to-get-into-f...

Stew

4 REPLIES 4
chipp
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Curzon Film.

Oh Yay i can watch films i've never heard of before !!! would of been better spending the money on a few name grabbing films beating sky/netflix etc and then advertising to death, if netflix can beat sky to first rights to films on 5.99 a month bt sure as hell can too !! but guess they spent all the coffers on sport.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 5

Which name grabbing films do you have in mind? The same as Sky?
But we have Sky Movies on BT TV, surely we want something different?

Stew
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

The hobbit Smiley Happy wasn't that a big win for Netflix (how about us getting the third film before anyone else)

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I really do think this is a good step in the right direction for BT. The films on offer on BT Film are not great and personally if they just offered TV box set as a package I would probably just go for these.

I did notice over the last couple of weeks that Film 4 shows some excellent films (better than BT Film) and I only wish they were also on BT Film.

I'd like to get Curzon films however I don't believe that Curzon will encourage more subs for BT as most of those films serve a niche market.

GF

0 Ratings